Another week has flown by and I have officially decided to look into 7 Chakras, and this week I decided to give Chakra energy balancing a try.
Essentially the basic the chakras consists of 7 energy centers, stretching from the base of the spine to the crown of the head.
7 Chakras Names
- The root chakra is located at the base of the spine and the color red is associated with it.
- The sacral chakra is located just below the navel and the color orange is associated with it.
- Solar Plexus chakra is located in the stomach area and the color yellow is associated with it.
- The heart chakra is located in the center of the chest and the color green is associated with it.
- The throat chakra is located at the base of the throat and the color blue is associated with it.
- The 6th chakra is called Third Eye chakra and it's located on the forehead and the color indigo is associated with it.
- Crown chakra is located at the top of the head and the color violet is associated with it.
So if you’re like me and a bit new to it all, you will need a bit of background to the 7 chakras in the body. I think I should take the time to explain each one as I learn about it and hopefully we can go on this spiritual journey of discovery together. So, I have spent a fair amount of time reading and watching instructional videos about the first chakra, and I am looking forward to balancing my root chakra.
The first Chakra’s official name is Muladhara, which comes from the words Mula, which means root and Dhara, which means support.
So, its role is to connect all of your energy with the Earth, which is known as grounding.
When you think of your root chakra think about your survival here on earth. This energy center’s role is to give you everything you need to survive, in today’s society this would usually mean financial and emotional security.
This chakra is located at the very base of your spine, near your tailbone. It goes up to just below your belly button.
When your 1st chakra is balanced, you should feel a sense of accomplishment and peace when you think about things like money, safety, and shelter.
An overactive root chakra will cause problems like anxiety and nervousness. This happens because fear is based out of the need to survive. The role of fear is to keep us alive.
So, an overactive root chakra will shout messages of survival, even when there is no real threat, resulting in anxiety. You may have physical symptoms like digestive problems, lower back issues, hip pain, ovarian cysts in women or prostate issues in men.
It’s important to take care of your survival needs first. This chakra gives you the energy to do that.
Now, calm this chakra. Take time each day to nurture your soul by praying or meditating.
Volunteering and acts of kindness and compassion can guide overactive energy away from your root chakra and into other energy centers in your body.
If your survival needs have generally been taken care of, this chakra may not have been very active in your life. If that’s the case, you may experience frequent daydreaming, trouble concentrating or simply feeling like your “head’s in the clouds.”
If you find yourself disconnected, you may need to reconnect with the earth by being out in nature. Gardening, swimming or even playing in the leaves/sand can energize your root chakra.
Whew, that was a lot of information to take in … But I now know that my Root Chakra needs some TLC.
One thing I found fascinating when I started my research into Chakras was that the Tiger’s Eye was used in Chakra Healing. I looked into the benefits of Tiger’s Eye and was surprised to note that many of the benefits were things that I had already experienced just by carrying mine.
Here are some of its benefits:
- Stimulates root and solar plexus chakras
- Assists in taking effective action
- Helps you to release fear and anxiety
- Activates the intellect and sharpens logic
- Supports general vitality
- Strengthens the endocrine system (the parts of your body that produce your hormones)
I hope all this information is helpful and that you are opening your mind and heart to the possibilities of healing through 7 Chakras balancing.
On a more personal note, my ex (I can think of a few choice names to call him today but we are in polite company… ) has decided that I am not doing the right thing by my kids! I was floored when I received the call from my lawyer. My ex wants sole custody. I am going to have to think long and hard about how to deal with this … financially and emotionally.
I am going to take some time out to go to our local crystal store to choose another crystal, I am hoping to feel the same pull I felt when I saw the Tiger’s Eye.
Please continue with me on my journey of peace and fulfillment.
Wishing you light and love